Wednesday, November 5, 2008

CHANGE HAS COME!

First of all, I want to congratulate President-Elect Obama on his win, and I also want to congratulate Senator McCain on a valiantly fought campaign.

I'm not particularly happy that Obama won the White House, but at the same time, I'm not particularly upset that John McCain did not.

John McCain is a good man, and has served this Country in one way or another all of his life. I'm sure that most of the things he has done over the course of his political career, he thought were in the best interest of this Country.

But John McCain, over the last few years, has done some absolutely maddening things. McCain-Feingold, The Gang of Seven, flirting with the Kerry campaign in hopes of being selected as V.P. on the Democrat ticket in 2004 come to mind.

John McCain is a fine Republican.


--------
Posted by TugboatCapn

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine thinks that if they pass every piece of liberal legislation to cross their path, they won't keep that majority in a few years. For that reason, he thinks they will show some restraint. I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I tell you what, Farrah. I'm not particularly happy that Christian's... even so-called evangelicals voted for Obama, a man with no regard for the sanctity of life.

    I find it very difficult to understand how a man can believe abortion is to be protected, and also be a follower of Christ in good standing before God. I have been a vocal critic of Barack Obama's claim to faith for that reason alone.

    ReplyDelete

Your First Amendment right to free speech is a privilege and comes with a measure of responsibility. You have the right to exercise that responsibility here but we reserve the right to inform you when you've used that right irresponsibly.

We are benevolent dictators in this regard. Enjoy.