Friday, August 7, 2009

The Health Care Reform Bill

"Holy Cow!" ~ Phil Rizzuto

Here it is! The actual bill that will be voted on when Congress reconvenes in September. Read it yourself. I don't have time. It's 1036 pages!

I find it interesting to note, on this, the US Congress' official website, that only 12% of the website's registered users are in favor of this legislation. You can see the results of their own poll on the right sidebar of the site.

I tried to vote, too, but for some reason, my registration was rejected. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I tried to vote first, then register.

By the way, for those of you who oppose the health care bill, here is a suggestion:

Since the Whitehouse wants us to report e-mails and things that are "fishy", I decided to comply with their request and send the link to the health care reform bill to them.

I think it's pretty fishy.

Here is the text of the missive I e-mailed to flag@whitehouse.gov:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I found this on the internet, and complying with your request to report things that are "fishy", I thought I'd better report it to you:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h3200/text?version=ih&nid=t0:ih:106

While I'm at it, I'd better report myself.

I will stand for Liberty and reject your soft tyranny. Every time!

Sincerely,

Mark XXXXXXX


(only I didn't spell my last name like that. I included my real last name)

It's just a suggestion, mind you, but I think if all those who oppose the bill do the same, it would overwhelm those who would try to follow up on the reports.

Be your own best judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your First Amendment right to free speech is a privilege and comes with a measure of responsibility. You have the right to exercise that responsibility here but we reserve the right to inform you when you've used that right irresponsibly.

We are benevolent dictators in this regard. Enjoy.