Friday, November 7, 2008

Obama = Bush Lite

UPDATE BELOW!

Four more years!


Maybe that phrase should be included in this week's celebrations among the victorious.

I was reading comments on a news-site earlier today and saw a comment that made me pause. The commenter claimed to have voted for Obama then pointed out something that I've not heard offered before. While Obama's campaign was spreading the "damning" fact that John McCain voted with Dubya 90% of the time, no one has even bothered to see how often Obama voted with the present prez! I'd say his percentage was not much different than McCain's!

Now, I admit to the casual liberal (that means you, Pain-Holler visitor) - I have no links to back up my claim...mainly because it's unlikely that any media-types even bothered to look up that info. I don't have the time or the give-a-shiite to do that research. That should have been the media's job. A simple process of googling several different key phrases resulted in nada.

I did find an article from back in October, however, that lends a bit of support to the notion.

From CNN, no less!

Here's a teaser I hope will prompt a full read:

WASHINGTON (CNN) --" Since Barack Obama incessantly makes the case that a John McCain administration would equate to another Bush term, it's worth looking at just how much Sen. Obama himself is in agreement with the unpopular president.

Does that mean that he, too, would be a repeat of President Bush? If one were to apply his logic, maybe so.

Here are 20 reasons why... " - Tara Wall October 13, 2008

On election night, as the drama unfolded in the new American Messiah's favor, I wrote a one-word post that sums up my feelings about the tenure of GW. I didn't know just how accurate my one-word post was until I read Tara Wall's article after reading the comment at the news-site.

George Bush's legacy was certainly playing out on election night...a legacy of failure and erosion of conservative values.

But what I didn't understand at that time...his legacy will continue for the next four years at least in the person of Barry O!

As freedom erodes in this nation much of the blame will lie with the current administration and the leader of the Republican Party who allowed this debacle to occur.

So, cheering hordes, meet your new dear leader...George W. Bush lite

UPDATE! Today's WSJ (11/11/08)
WASHINGTON -- President-elect Barack Obama is unlikely to radically overhaul controversial Bush administration intelligence policies, advisers say, an approach that is almost certain to create tension within the Democratic Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your First Amendment right to free speech is a privilege and comes with a measure of responsibility. You have the right to exercise that responsibility here but we reserve the right to inform you when you've used that right irresponsibly.

We are benevolent dictators in this regard. Enjoy.